Skip to main content

Who am I?

 Hello!

My name is Camila Valença, and I would like to start by presenting myself:

I have been a pedagogue who has worked as a language teacher for over 10 years. Throughout my journey, I have encountered many children with learning difficulties. After studying language acquisition for students with ADHD, I became increasingly curious about understanding neurodiversity and how to assist my students. 

One year ago, after discovering I was an atypical mother myself, I embraced this journey of learning and understanding autism and child development. 

My areas of study have included ABA science and naturalistic strategies, PRT, early intervention, intelligent parenting, Montessori pedagogy, and sensory processing.

I am here to share what I have learned so far and provide parents, teachers, and caregivers with information that may aid them on their journeys. 

Come along and join me on this journey!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Previsibility vs Predictability

Ålesund, July 1st 2025, In everyday conversation, we often treat  predictability  and  previsibility  as if they mean the same thing. But when we take a closer look—especially through the lens of psychology and neurodiversity—we find that this small linguistic difference can reflect much deeper realities, particularly for individuals on the autism spectrum.  Today, we have faced a situation that raised the need to reflect on these two words and what they mean for us, atypical parents.  Our Matias had to go to the dentist. A little hole was found in his teeth, and how do we make him cooperate? Is it just to ask him to open his mouth and wait for whatever is coming? It would be amazing if it were that easy, but no.  He refused, cried, was frustrated, and brought us along the same path, because all we wanted was for him to be ok and to not feel pain. I had shown him pictures, made a social story in his Grid communication app, but it was not enou...